What are the benefits of using WordPress? Probably you started blogging on blogger platform and now it’s high time for you to move from one platform to another or you have already migrated to WordPress platform. There is no doubt that you must have thought about the advantages and disadvantages of using WordPress, and since you may be new to this platform, definitely you have to make a lot of research about WordPress to widen your knowledge about the new platform you are moving to. Bloggers don’t just switch from blogger to WordPress without any benefit. However, what is WordPress blogging platform? Or what benefits do you ever thinks that associated with wordpress platform over blogger platform?
Must Read: 4 Ways to blog from mobile device
WordPress is open source software which is made up of CMS (content management system) with an exceptional working system. This history of WordPress platform can be traced back to as far as 2003 and now the largest self-hosted blogging platform.
So many companies / firms operated on WordPress, such as New York times (NY time). WordPress is not just an open source for online business but it is very easy to set up and maintain with limited knowledge about coding like CSS to give you blog a great look always.
Must Read: Top 5 blog engage group you must join
Often time bloggers argue on the best blogging platform where some supported WordPress and some blogger platform and I referred to this as round table discussion where different decision can be taken base on individual perspective, however we are not bothered about which of the platform is better rather the benefits of WordPress platform to bloggers.
1. Theme: There are thousands of themes available for WordPress like Divi which is my blog current theme at the time of publishing this post. User can easily change their blog theme to desire one at any convenient time with good navigation and nice customization to suit their needs without thinking of backing up their blog.
Must Read: Excessive Twitter follower guide
2. Plugins: This is the fundamental functionality of any WordPress site; plugins allow users to extend their blog functionality and effective workability. The plugins were made available to all nooks and crummy of setting up an effective blog like social media, Facebook fan, SEO, bookmaking site plugins, there are free and premium plugins for WordPress platform unlike blogger platform where you can only make use of code.
3. Developer: WordPress been the largest blogging platform, it has a lot of plugin developers who helps to develop various plugins, software and themes which are both free and premium.
Must Read: Blog engage leverages blog traffic
4. Search engine friendly: With WordPress blogging, you don’t really need to spend time on pinging your blog post using site like pingomatic, Googleping, pingler etc. WordPress possess this characters which helps to send your update to different search engine and you can also make use of available plugins to perform the job for you automatically instead of doing it manually.
5. Customizing / design: with the knowledge of CSS, you can play around with your blog CSS file to give your blog a new and nice look.
6. Blog continues: You may never understand what I’m trying to say from this word. If by mistake your blog is being hacked and you are on WordPress, chances are that for you to retrieve your blog from your server if not backed up unlike on blogger platform where some loses their blog to the air like the air in the wind and at times, the chance of retrieving any deleted blogger blog is very limited.
Image source: Google.com