Talking about social media network, Twitter is one of the most populous and fast growing social network this day just like Pinterest does and it’s often on of the best place for bloggers to interacts and drive targeted traffic to their blogs.
As a matter of fact, all twitter users need huge number of fan and they always want to increase the number of their followers every day. I do ask myself that, why do we human really love huge numbers in place a smaller one even in our bank account and age wise.
This post is for bloggers who are new to Twitter and find I difficulty to have at least 500 followers within the first few weeks of joining Twitter and at this stage I assumed you have a valid Twitter account if otherwise, register for one before you continue to read further.
The Importance of Twitter Followers
Bloggers and internet marketer do need huge number of Twitter followers in order to dominate their online turf in the following area:
- Social authority
- SEO benefit from social media
- Source of huge traffic
- Guest blogging authority
- Creating a conducive atmosphere for advertisers.
But come to think of it, is buying Twitter followers a welcome idea because there are thousands of post on the internet that discuss about buying a Twitter followers which I don’t and can’t read meanings to, however, my view about buying twitter followers may be some how different from yours but the fact is individual differences and things like this must be done in a more unique way to building authority in whatever you tend doing.
I see buying Twitter followers as an idea that doesn’t worth trying. It’s a blatant truth that you can have thousands of twitter followers with two or three days if you decided to other from Fiverr service but the question of the day is that, are these followers real followers? What benefit do you have in it when you have over 5000 thousand followers that doesn’t care about what you tweet let alone re-tweeting it and not to talk of clicking on your link to read the whole article on your blog, it is definitely rubbish and doesn’t worth trying at all.
Must Read: Blog Engage the original Traffic source
You indeed need real and quality followers that will fall in love with whatever you share and delight in sharing your content with his or her follower as well and they will keep re-tweeting and the traffic will keep coming as expected. Even from Twitter terms and conditions, using unscrupulous way to increasing your follower is against their TOS.
Trick to Increasing Your Twitter Followers
All what you do online is a matter of time and perseverance, seeing it from the view that you can have thousands of followers overnight is a nightmare because that cannot be achieved except you are a celebrity, even celebrities followers doesn’t come the way most people sees it. If at all you are sorting for search engine traffic and quality PageRank, it has to follow a specific other or procedure as the case may be.
1. Use Avatar: Do know that Twitter is not a machine but real people operate on it. Nobody will love to hang out with a ghost or myth. I have seen some people on Twitter who claim to have being using Twitter for a very long time without a profile picture. Your picture is part of your future, make use of profile picture that best display and describe what you do. The first thing that people take a look at is who you are facially and that can lead to following you just because of your profile picture for a start.
2. Who are you: What you are really matters! Write a short description that best describe you with the limited number of characters that were allowed by Twitter. Your Bio play an important role in whatever you do online, it tells people who don’t know you more about what you are made off and the stuff you are made off. Don’t try to be smart by writing what you are not because that might lead to people un-following you immediately they discover the real you, so be precise and be truthful to yourself.
3. Tweet what will interest your followers: Almost everybody love funny stuff that makes then laugh or bring about argument when it comes to sport. Study your followers and observe what they love sharing and share same stuff to enhance more tweet and before you know, their friends will keep following your when they re-tweet your update for their friends to see.
4. Follow others: Some find this difficult to do, but the fact is good things doesn’t come easy. Search for Twitter users with a like mind through their Bio and follow as many as you can and being a likeminded person, they will surely follow you back but don’t do follow people in excess if you are new to Twitter rather you can just start with 30 per day and that means you are following 300 people in ten day, at least 100 will follow you back and as time goes on, people will be following you in return which will boost your followers within a limited time. And don’t try to un-follow others consistently because Twitter will out-smart you on time and that can lead to Twitter suspending your account.
5. Excessive promotion is bad: To get your blog latest post across to your readers and followers really need quality promotion but excessive promotion of your blog post on your Twitter homepage may turn out to be jack of all trade which is often refer to as master of none. Tweeting only your post on Twitter doesn’t always create interaction rather tweet something else that can encourages interaction from fellow blogger and if there is nothing upstairs to be tweeted then re-tweet someone else tweet to build relationship.
6. Re-tweet and reply tweets: If you want to make me happy, you must give me maximum attention and the same thing goes to Twitter. As a blogger, you will feel happy if I share your update and some may go to the extent of showing the appreciation publicly, so also is Twitter, people feel excited when you tweet their updates and reply the comment/tweet unlike Pinterest where replying to comments is not that mandatory. It’s advisable to participate in public discussion and contribute tremendously to the discussion to make yourself known to those that participated in the discussion as this can boost your follower beyond what you can even imagine depending on your reasonable contribution.
7. Your turn: I have highlighted some reasonable ways to increase your Twitter followers if properly carried out and now it’s your turn since nobody is an Island of knowledge.
NOTE: Please don’t hesitate to share this post with your friends if you really enjoy it.
Image source: Google.com