Blogging is really a fun but not for a start if the truth must be revealed, but let say from observation and experience. The first six month of many blog, traffic is the greatest barrier, a blog with quality content and catchy title may not reach more than 800 – 1000 visitors per day with serious blogging is what I mean here but after a while, it will start increasing for reasons which may not be personally known to you other than you are publishing quality content and some blogging stuff like that. And what if some newbie bloggers asked you the reason behind your blog traffic,you can only tell him/her that quality content matters alot but to further convince him/her about how blog and blog contents work with blog traffic, consider the points below.
1. Blog ping: I believe almost all blogger know about this “PING”, whenever a new article is published, you may have to ping some directories or addresses that something new has really happened again in your blog, and automatically, a link back will be the reward toward your site or blog for linking back. Some of the ping site I love using are pingomatic.com, and Googleping.com.
2. Trackback:This may seem not clear but I will tell you what it means. I was reading through an article that talks about trackback and the guy said that for every article written and published, there is always a trackback URL assigned for it and you may decide or not to copy it and how does this work? For instance I wrote an article on why newbie blogger fails in blog-o-sphere, when you read through it you discover you have something related to that in your own blog but more extensive and explanatory, you can decided to track my own blog URL or just link back to me for easy connection and it will appear on your blog.
3. Comment: This is where I spend most of my time whenever I decide to surf the internet. I love comment so much, reason why I said I do spend much of my time here is that, I will read the whole article and see that I understood what the article is/was saying before passing my own little quota and this has given me some ground to showcase myself in blog-o-sphere. When your comments are relevant and related to the topic and you are a constant visitor, gradually you will get noticed.
4. Linkback:Bloggers believe the number of linkback one blog has determine the level of such blog, and they go to any length for the sake of linking back to their blog even using payment method but I solely believe if your blog content are genuine, real, and relevant automatically your fellow blogger that cherish your writing skills will linkback to your blog without asking for it but your good work will bring that, and that I can call that natural link back which Google search engine values so much.
5. Returning visitors: After the above step have been successfully carried out, you will notice that your blog returning visitor is increasing gradually as a result of your blog content and the trust they have in you will definitely make them to keep visiting for any latest update because it will definitely be informative and the traffic begin to increase like never before.